By Khalid Isa
The Leader o f the Islamic Movement in Nigeria Sheikh Ibraheem Zakzaky delivered a lengthy speech on Imam Mahdi(AJ) during Nisf Sha’aban celebration which took place at Husainiyyah Baqiyyatullah on Tuesday the 15th of Sha’aban 136 (2/6/15). Tenths of thousands attended the gathering.
After normal salutation Sheikh Zakzaky congratulated the gathering on the birthday commemoration of Imam Mahdi (AJ) which occured on Nisf Sha’ban 255 AH.
In his speech the sheikh said its duty upon followers of Ahlulbyt (AS) to teach and inform others about the Imam; especially teaching a people who find it difficult to really know the Imam because of their lack of true knowledge of the root i.e the holy Prophet(SAWA). He added that the knowledge of the Imam started by knowing the Prophet first as the root. Moreover, the Prophet can only be known through a sound knowledge of Allah, the Sheikh explained.
Thus, he said. those with wrong belief about Allah- ascribing underserved attributes to him , cannot understand the prophet and by extension cannot know the 12 successors of the Prophet, Imam Mahdi(AJ) inclusive.
Sheikh debunked all the wrong notions ascribed to the Prophet which he said resulted from lack of sound knowledge of Allah.
He added that the holy prophet has 12 successors, Imam Mahdi being the last of the 12, though majority do not fully have a sound understanding and knowledge of him due to fabrications.
After sunset prayers and breaking of fast Sheikh Zakzaky spoke on lesser occultation of the Imam and his four ambassadors as well as activities to do by his followers during his long occultation which include:-
1. The supplication of Nudba which is recommended on Eids day, Fridays and Ghadeer day.
2. Ziyara of Imam Mahdi on Fridays.
3. Supplications to Allah for remaining established in the religion: (ya’ Allah, ya Rahman ya Muqallabal Quloobi Thabbit Qalbi Ala Deenika)
4. Respect for the Imaam which includ standing up when his name is mentioned.
5. Tawassul ie seeking God’s intercession through him in difficult situations.
6. Giving the rewards of good deeds to the Imam
7. Recitation of ‘Allahumma arrifini nafsaka, fa innaka illam ta’arrifini nafsaka lam a’arif nabiyyak, Allahumma arrifni nabiyyaka fa innaka in lam ta’arrifni nabiyyak, lam a’arif Hujjjataka, Allahumma arrifni hujjataka fa innaka inlam ta’arrifni hujjataka dhalaltu an deenee…
8 Attending gatherings of commemoration of Ahlulbayt especially mourning gatherings.
9. Goods deeds like Hajj, Ziyara, recitation and send rewards to the Imam.
10. Repentance and drawing near to Allah
11. Mutual reminder regarding Imam Mahdi(AJ).