CALL FOR PAPERS AND PRESENTATIONS
LAJNAR TARBIYYAH & ILMANTARWA
ISLAMIC MOVEMENT IN NIGERIA
The 2nd Annual Train the Trainers’ Workshop on Teaching Methodology is to be held from Sunday 3rd to Thursday 7th August, 2014 at Fudiyyah Islamic Centre, Zaria. Lajnar Tarbiyyah & Ilmantarwa (Education Committee) of the Islamic Movement in Nigeria is pleased to invite relevant experts and educationist from reputable educational institutions to submit papers in order to share their wealth of experience with the participants of the workshop. The participants of the workshop are teachers of Primary, Secondary and Islamiyyah Schools. The topics to be treated in the workshop include the following:
1) Philosophy, principles, Aims and Objectives of Education
2) Strategies for developing moral behavior in school
3) Ethics and professionalism in teaching
4) Record keeping for teachers
5) Curriculum and lesson planning
6) Process and Techniques of Classroom Management
7) Teaching method: a comparative approach
8) Teaching methods in Adult Education
9) Counseling techniques
10) Relation of Psychology to education
11) School regulations; as it affect students, teachers and parents
12) Students’ evaluation: methods and techniques
13) Conflict management in school
14) Primary and secondary schools in Nigeria: challenges ahead.
For those that are interested in writing a paper on the identified topics and present the paper at the workshop should please send their paper and profile to email@example.com
The closing date for receiving submission is Monday, 30th of June, 2014.
We expect to welcome fourteen professionals and one hundred (100) participants in the event. The workshop will provide an excellent platform for exchanging ideas and sharing experiences. It will also provide an opportunity for the participants to acquire critical knowledge on teaching methodology for effective and efficient teaching and learning activities at primary and secondary education levels in the country.
Submission could be made in Arabic, English or Hausa language, but the presentation will be in Hausa language. The Committee will scrutinize all the submission made and the authors of the selected papers will be invited to present their papers during the 2nd train the trainers’ workshop.
Lajnar Taqrbiyyah & Ilmantarwa
Fuddiyyah Islamic Centre, Zaria
0803 603 2032
0807 390 7055